How individuals and family members use The Conversation Game™
- A Mother, daughter, father, sister, brother (healthy or ill) to open the conversation with a partner, parent, family member or friend
- A patient to help them articulate their priorities and concerns
- Community members in local meetings, at family gatherings and in religious discussion groups
- Individuals with elderly parents or young adult children to help prepare for their possible role as health care spokesperson
How health, social care, care homes and community organizations use The Conversation Game™
- Social workers, health educators and care home staff, or anyone meeting with patients and their loved ones to start
conversations about end of life care
- Hospice workers to stimulate discussions about what the patient may hope for
- Physicians with a patient who doesn’t have anyone to act on their behalf, to give them a chance to understand what
goals and values are guiding the treatment decisions the patient is making
- In health education classes on advance care planning to help patients and their potential advocate compare and
discuss priorities that they hold in common, and to discover where their priorities differ.
The cards are used in Conversations for Life workshops and facilitator training, have been field tested in the US and the UK and are licensed for distribution to the Conversations for Life programme by Coda Alliance USA.
Ordered are dispatched once a week and are dependent on Royal Mail postal services. We highly recommend educators and course participants to plan ahead. You will receive an email when your order has been dispatched. For shipping outside the UK we charge a flat rate of £20.
Prices include Royal Mail Standard shipping, packaging and handling as follows:
- 2 packs = £26 GBP
- 4 packs = £46 GBP
- 8 packs = £85 GBP
- 36 packs = £342 GBP
- 64 packs = £576 GBP
Our partnerships matter to us. Card pricing is based on UK printing and a license fee paid for each card pack sold. The cards include postage and packing.
How to Start the Conversation – information explaining the Background & History of the Game, Outlines the Objectives, and explains how to play the game.